05 March 2011

Woke up in Istanbul, drove into Asia and flew to Italy. Now, I'm Home in Rome.

 I still have so many thoughts about what I thought of Istanbul. I've started to shuffle through my memories; here are a few words that come to my mind.
 Evet (yes), Merhaba (hello),  Mosques (so many mosques), Minaret calls at 4 am. Spice market, apple tea, the freezing cold, head-scarfs, drawing without shoes on. stray cats and dogs, the unbelievable details, tiles, rugs, Turkish coffee fortune telling, rice, lamb, french fries and pickles. Hans, shopping, The Grand Bazaar, "very thank you my friend". Roof top views, dark scary hallways, more stray cats in mosques, ferry rides, Asia and Europe. 17 course meal. 4 star hotel. Palace. Mose's Staff. 84 carrot diamond. diamond laced armor. Mohammed. Turkish delights. Waterpipe with Turkish rockstars. Aqueducts, Roosters, 16th century trees, Courtyards...


Old City Silhouette.  


Just trying to take everything in...


Picture highlights

















No comments:

Post a Comment